Colorado P.E.O. Chapter House
Situated around the corner from the famous Broadmoor Hotel in the middle of Colorado Springs, the setting of an original pioneer homestead and community park, the Colorado P.E.O. Chapter House is an historic site treasured by Colorado and a vital State Project precious to the Colorado P.E.O. Sisterhood.
Under the scope of the Colorado P.E.O. Charitable Corporation, the Chapter House provides retirement living for P.E.O. Sisters, guest rooms for traveling P.E.O.s and a gathering place for area Chapters.
with the New Bridge Dedication & Aniversary Celebration
July 23, 2016
Click HERE to see more.
For Independent P.E.O.s: The Colorado P.E.O. Chapter House provides independent retirement living for a small group of P.E.O. Sisters and those recommended by a P.E.O.
For traveling P.E.O.s and their family and friends: With five guest rooms at affordable prices, the Colorado P.E.O. Chapter House offers a safe, relaxing and inspiring setting for P.E.O.s and their travel companions.
Our legacy is a vision of caring;
our future is bright as a daisy!
The idea of a Chapter House in Colorado started in 1907 and was fulfilled in 1966. With the support of our Colorado P.E.O. Sisters, fund raising projects, endowments and investments, the Colorado P.E.O. Chapter House continues to thrive and serve our Sisterhood and community.
Who WE are
What is a P.E.O. Chapter House?
P.E.O.s have had a reputation for fellowship, care and giving for almost 150 years. In Colorado, this inspiration is expressed by our preservation of an historic site, a place of peaceful retirement for our elder Sisters, a gathering place for all P.E.O.s and administration of many of our charitable projects.
Colorado State Chapter was organized on January 23, 1903, in Denver, as the fourth state chapter in our Sisterhood, and one of the first to envision a Home of Our Own, embodied as the Colorado P.E.O. Chapter House, which opened in 1966.
What is P.E.O.?
P.E.O. is a philanthropic educational organization for women built upon service and philanthropy as an outgrowth of its social bonds of love and friendship. P.E.O. has encouraged, celebrated and FUNDED education for women almost since its founding in 1869 by seven young women on the campus of Iowa Wesleyan College, Mount Pleasant, Iowa.
At the Colorado P.E.O. Chapter House, we wear many hats as we represent our 11,000 Sisters from 240+ Colorado P.E.O. Chapters.
Up Next at Chapter House:
Join our new Knitting Circle. Please check back for more details coming soon.